Pet Grooming Tips on How to Effectively Bathe Your Dog
Grooming is more about keeping your pet clean and smelling good and obviously making your pet look marvelous. When one grooms one’s pet the satisfaction obtained is highly admirable, not only to you however your pet also benefits from being clean and looking good.
Keeping your pet or animal well groomed helps him feel comfortable and could potentially create a special bond between you and your pet. By grooming one’s pet regularly one can be alerted to potential pet health problems before they become serious and likely too late to treat. Regular pet grooming allows one to look for lumps, bumps and injuries, while clearing one’s pet of mats and parasites.
How often you bathe your pet is largely dependent on the breed and their daily activities. At times it may be necessary to bathe your pet more often than not. That is largely due to the fact that your pet may be suffering from skin sensitivity or it may be due to your pet having too many parasites.
The following are informational tips and steps on how to bathe your dog or keeping it well grooming and of course smelling good.
- Before the bath, thoroughly brush and remove all tangles and mats.
- Wet the animal with warm water, avoiding the eyes and inside of ears.
- Make sure to use a shampoo formulated for your pet; do not use human shampoo.
- Apply the shampoo starting on the back of your pets head, lather and massage.
- Rinse until the water runs clear.
- Dermatology treatment shampoos require a second application during which the product needs to stand for at least 5 minutes before rinsing.
- Towel-dry the animal. If well-accepted, use a hair dryer at the lowest temperature setting.
Grooming your pet not only makes if feel good, but it can become a special time shared between you both. These moments spent together are moments to cherish and if you have children they can also be part of this wonderful time.
At 4PetsUsa.com we have many dog shampoos to choose from, whether the shampoo you are looking for is for sensitive skin or to get rid of fleas and ticks, we have the right shampoo for your dog needs. At 4petsusa.com you will find not only dog shampoos but also you will find some great dog toys which can be used for those great moments in the park together.